Sam,

I tested this on LCNC 2.8 and I can see encoder signals in halscope but nothing in the Axis GUI spindle rpm display.

Did you get the display to work or just test to see if the signal 8 core dump went away in 2.8?

And no signal 8 core dump with LCNC 2.8 and RTAI,  will test with preempt_rt and 2.8 later.

-Bari