On 16.05.15 21:10, Philip Jackson wrote:
> On 16/05/15 16:22, Patrick Brunschwig wrote:
>> On 16.05.15 14:50, Philip Jackson wrote:
>>> enigmail 1.8.2 Thunderbird 31.6.0 UbuntuStudio 1404, gnupg
>>> 2.0.22
>>
>>> Selecting the next message in a new thread of enigmail mail
>>> caused an enigmail alert box to appear containing nothing but a
>>> red exclamation mark and an ok button.
>>
>>> The message was apparently a signed message but no enigmail
>>> header was displayed.  I clicked ok to get rid of the alert box
>>> and then tried to check the key properties.
>>
>>> It looked like I didn't have the key (normally these are
>>> imported automatically on my setup) so I tried a manual import
>>> using the fingerprint details supplied by the writer at the
>>> bottom of the email and got the message "unchanged 1".
>>
>>> So it looked like the key had already been present.  This was
>>> confirmed by a "gpg2 -k <keyid>"  The key appears to be a
>>> normal 4096 RSA key with RSA subkeys.
>>
>>> After closing and reopening Thunderbird, the enigmail header
>>> was correctly present and Details/Enigmail security info shows
>>> ok but Details/View Key properties does nothing.
>>
>> It looks like something with automatic importing of the key
>> didn't succeed (or was not fast enough).
>>
>>> Searching in Enigmails Key Management fails to show this key.
>>
>> File > Reload Key Cache (in the key manager)
>
> This doesn't change anything in this case.  That particular key
> doesn't show in enigmail's key listing.  Clearly enigmail has
> access to the key because it show the enigmail header and shows key
> id in security info.
>

>>> I have a screenshot of the alertbox and an enigmail debug log
>>> if those seem useful.
>>
>> Sure, send them to me.
>>

> sent in separate email.

There are several problems related to the message:

1. The message seems to be signed by multiple keys, but my GnuPG 2.1
issues the following message when I try to import the key:

gpg: key 547B7194: rejected by import screener
gpg: Total number processed: 1

2. The message is signed with an ECC algorithm that your GnuPG 2.0.22
does not understand:

gpg: Can't check signature: Invalid public key algorithm

- -Patrick