On 17/05/15 17:31, Patrick Brunschwig wrote:
> On 16.05.15 21:10, Philip Jackson wrote:

>>> It looks like something with automatic importing of the key
>>> didn't succeed (or was not fast enough).

>>> File > Reload Key Cache (in the key manager)
>
>> This doesn't change anything in this case.  That particular key
>> doesn't show in enigmail's key listing.  Clearly enigmail has
>> access to the key because it show the enigmail header and shows key
>> id in security info.

>>> Sure, send them to me.
>>>

>> sent in separate email.
>
> There are several problems related to the message:
>
> 1. The message seems to be signed by multiple keys, but my GnuPG 2.1
> issues the following message when I try to import the key:
>
> gpg: key 547B7194: rejected by import screener
> gpg: Total number processed:

This is not the key which caused the problem.  I have this key since some time
and I live with the problem that gnupg 2.0.22 cannot handle the ECC keys - for
this key, enigmail correctly gives me a yellow header "Part of the message
signed with unknown key; the key type is not supported by your version of Gnupg"

It is the next message down from line 1800 (or so) in the debug log I sent that
caused the problem : 9bc6b3cf

Enigmail key manager will not display this key (9bc6b3cf) although it is present
in my keyring and enigmail has access to it because it now correctly displays a
blue header and Details shows the key id. But  "Details/View key properties"
does nothing
and a manual look in Key Manager shows nothing.

gpg -k <keyID>   does show the key and shows that the primary is an RSA 4096 and
there are 3 subkeys each RSA 2048 and 1 subkey RSA4096

These details are confirmed on my other pc (Debian8, Icedove 31.6.0 enigmail
1.8.2 but with gnupg 2.1.3) and on this machine, enigmail key manager does
display this key correctly.

Since Icedove is at the same revision as Thunderbird and enigmail is same on
both, I would have expected this RSA key to be well displayed in both.

And how could enigmail display an alertbox which contained no message ?

Philip