On 17.05.15 20:11, Philip Jackson wrote:
> On 17/05/15 17:31, Patrick Brunschwig wrote:

>>> This doesn't change anything in this case.  That particular
>>> key doesn't show in enigmail's key listing.  Clearly enigmail
>>> has access to the key because it show the enigmail header and
>>> shows key id in security info.

>>> sent in separate email.
>>
>> There are several problems related to the message:
>>
>> 1. The message seems to be signed by multiple keys, but my GnuPG
>> 2.1 issues the following message when I try to import the key:
>>
>> gpg: key 547B7194: rejected by import screener gpg: Total number
>> processed:
>
> This is not the key which caused the problem.  I have this key
> since some time and I live with the problem that gnupg 2.0.22
> cannot handle the ECC keys - for this key, enigmail correctly gives
> me a yellow header "Part of the message signed with unknown key;
> the key type is not supported by your version of Gnupg"
>
> It is the next message down from line 1800 (or so) in the debug log
> I sent that caused the problem : 9bc6b3cf
>
> Enigmail key manager will not display this key (9bc6b3cf) although
> it is present in my keyring and enigmail has access to it because
> it now correctly displays a blue header and Details shows the key
> id. But  "Details/View key properties" does nothing and a manual
> look in Key Manager shows nothing.
>
> gpg -k <keyID>   does show the key and shows that the primary is an
> RSA 4096 and there are 3 subkeys each RSA 2048 and 1 subkey
> RSA4096
>
> These details are confirmed on my other pc (Debian8, Icedove 31.6.0
> enigmail 1.8.2 but with gnupg 2.1.3) and on this machine, enigmail
> key manager does display this key correctly.

I can't find any --list-key command in the log that would include the
key 0x9bc6b3cf, thus I cannot tell why Enigmail would not display it.

> Since Icedove is at the same revision as Thunderbird and enigmail
> is same on both, I would have expected this RSA key to be well
> displayed in both.
>
> And how could enigmail display an alertbox which contained no
> message ?

I think because of this (which is issued at the end of the
decrypt/verify command):
gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: can't encode a 512 bit MD into a 608 bits frame

- -Patrick