At 09:58 AM 11/11/2003, David Tulloh wrote:
With some hacking in gimp I managed to cut the
E_backgrounds_settings.png file from 256K to 147K with no visible
deterioration from the process (that wouldn't be fixed with some care).

What does converting them to JPG do to the size ?? I've taken images in PNG format and converted them to JPG with ImageMagick's 'convert' utility and they reduce in size dramatically, sometimes 4x !

I personally can't tell the difference in the images or in their quality. As small as many of these in the help are, I doubt many others could tell either.

Hall