On Tuesday 11 November 2003 09:58, David Tulloh wrote:
> I think bloat was probably the wrong word.  I would rather not wait for
> mozilla to start up and then have to connect to the internet to be told
> how to resize a window (for example).
>
> Looking into it the size of the documentation comes from the images.
> The actual documentation is in a modified form of html already, renaming
> the main file and opening it in mozilla causes it to display all the
> images and a little bit of content.

i dont think the point is so much size as it is kind of cruft ...
it can be made smaller, but in the end, it still needs to be maintained ...
we're not just talking doc files, we're also talking the interface which (as
someone mentioned) still needs to be ported to imlib2 ...

the other idea is that online docs can be updated a lot more dynamically than
distributed ... however thats to be expected ...
if your only complaint really is having to connect to the internet, thats
understandable ... we could package e16 with a snapshot of the docs from the
website as they currently exist ...
-mike