On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 19:54:23 +0000
Stephen Houston <smhousto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> None of which are default, as I said. Open windows explorer. Is it
> dark? Open finder is it dark? Dark bars And titlebars don't mean it's
> a dark theme. As I said. Defaults are always light.

That is the default windows 10, and a screenshot of the next release of
OS X. Those are defaults. The are moving more things to dark, that were
light in the past.

What color were the start/title bars before? Light or dark? Which
direction is that going? Is that a trend moving towards light or dark?

This is not light
https://www.gnome.org/gnome-3/

Or Cinnamon/Linux Mint
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnamon_(software)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Mint

Matte and Cinamon would be interesting as its basically the same Mint,
difference being light and dark.

For those that voted for KDE, the majority voted dark.
http://www.strawpoll.me/12804942/r
https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/66yznn/poll_dark_themes_vs_light_themes_kde_plasma/?st=jdt8a686&sh=535dd9f5

I think this helps really solidify the trend. Black uses less power
than white. Dark themes can have better battery life.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1882467

Very likely manufactures are catching on. Better for battery life,
better for your eyes. Better all around.

If you think a theme is why people do not run E. I think you are pretty
far off base there.  It is a lack of applications more than anything.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.