On Fri, 3 May 2019 09:54:58 +0930 Simon Lees <sfl...@suse.de> said:

> On 02/05/2019 21:17, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > On Thu, 2 May 2019 08:41:36 +0930 Simon Lees <sfl...@suse.de> said:
> >
> >> I have ways of creating 3rd party repo's easily, but currently you can
> >> install enlightenment from the openSUSE installer, and I'd like to keep
> >> that at the latest version for each new version of leap, so i'd like e23
> >> or later in Leap 15.2 (about a year away), which will probably need a
> >> reasonably new efl, but will likely only have meson 0.46.0 which is fine
> >> for e but atm not for efl.
> >>
> >> There are alot of people using e from the installer, I keep bumping into
> >> them at conferences etc, GNU Health have been using openSUSE +
> >> enlightenment on all there raspberry pi's etc, so there is a significant
> >> number of people using e in this way, and i'd like them to stay
> >> reasonably up to date.
> >
> > at worst other rpm's can be provided for such upgrades - it's a temporary
> > situation until the next suse release anyway which should have upgraded
> > by then... :)
> >

> Except it quite possibly will not, its not guarenteed until Leap 16
> which isn't really even been thought about much yet.

Leave 16 will fix it. Other projects probably will push a newer meson version
too, not just us.

If susue doesn't want to upgrade meson because it's a requirement to do so due
to bugs in it that needed fixing so efl can build, then I guess suse can live
with not upgrading efl if we're that low priority. If it's important to suse to
upgrade efl then it will be important to upgrade meson too. :) i don't see this
as being an issue when the next version comes out. :)

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com