On 5/3/19 11:31 AM, Simon Lees wrote:

> On 03/05/2019 18:08, Carsten Haitzler wrote:

>>> Except it quite possibly will not, its not guarenteed until Leap 16
>>> which isn't really even been thought about much yet.
>>
>> Leave 16 will fix it. Other projects probably will push a newer meson
>> version
>> too, not just us.
>>
>> If susue doesn't want to upgrade meson because it's a requirement to
>> do so due
>> to bugs in it that needed fixing so efl can build, then I guess suse
>> can live
>> with not upgrading efl if we're that low priority. If it's important
>> to suse to
>> upgrade efl then it will be important to upgrade meson too. :) i don't
>> see this
>> as being an issue when the next version comes out. :)
>
> What bugs are these? and were they fixed between 0.46.0 and 0.47.0? I'm
> only asking to go back one version from 0.47.0 to 0.46.0 which is what
> were currently requiring for e.
>
> If there is a bug that causes 0.46.0 to fail to build efl then we can
> get efl building with the Meson 0.46.0 api, keep the minimum version at
> 0.47.0 and i'll get the fix backported into SUSE's version of meson then
> patch efl to accept the older meson.

The reasons for our meson version are listed here:
https://phab.enlightenment.org/w/efl_minimum_meson_version/
Additionally, there have been major performance improvements, which
dragged the configure time from > 2 min. to something at 20 sec.
A bug in the test runner lead to deadlocks when our testsuites have been
running.
Some .pc files contained wrongly generated flags.