Kim Woelders wrote:
> Landry, Marc-Andre wrote:
>> Michael Jennings wrote:

>>> No.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>

>> I will work on this for my self. I had lost track of this subject and I
>> excuse me if I didn't understand that there will not be any support for
>> this case. I will try to better help on the todo list for reporting
>> patch.
>>
>> «Désolé» I didn't intended to take your time,
>> Marc-André Landry
>>
> Don't feel bad. Autofoo in general and gettext in particular have a long
> history of, lets say, exciting people.
>
> I still don't quite get all the opposition against autopoint (except the
> stupid requirement that the cvs program must be available). In my
> opinion automake-1.10 is not broken but people here insist on pissing
> against the wind and refuse to set up configuration stuff as it is
> supposed to be, and then blame the autotools that they don't work (/me
> ducks).

Not trying to light the flames, but I have both cvs and automake-1.10
installed here, and yet autopoint doesn't work for me. I have to comment
out every autopoint in all the autogen.sh scripts that use it.

> The e17/apps/e autogen.sh has used autopoint for months now, and my
> impression is that the noise level from people with autotool issues in
> this module has decreased considerably since then.

Again, have to comment that out or else it doesn't build here.

> Anyway, I think adding autopoint to autogen.sh is only part of the
> solution if you go down that path. There seem to be quite a few other
> fixups required, like po/Makefile->po/Makefile.in in configure.in,
> remove po/Makefile.am, add po/Makevars and po/POTFILES.in, order of
> autoconf and autoheader in autogen.sh, and more.

Yes, all needing to be commented out here else I get massive failures.

> In case anybody bothers to persue this I have attached a patch for the
> alarm module, which passes make distcheck with automake-1.9.6 as well as
> automake-1.10 (a few bits in the patch are not related to gettext but
> required just to pass distcheck). I'm not saying this is the One and
> Only way to do this but only that this patch works for me.
> No worries - I have absolutely no intention to commit this in fear of
> what might happen to my reproductive powers.
>
> /Kim

dh