On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 21:42 +0100, Quaker wrote :

> >> ?????? how many people involved in packages do you plan to add ???
> >
> > i would like to add that, before giving giving svn rights to someone, we
> > usually like that this person does good stuff for the project.
> >
> > Vincent
>
> I don't see any other way how to make packaging easy without complicating
> things too much.
> When SVN account and ssh access is connected together, it's quite hard :(
>
> I'd like to wait for raster's opinion about this.
> If he disagrees about having debian packagers in SVN because of sources
> downloads/uploads from ssh, i'll remove romanhornik's key and start working
> on new packaging system for next freeze.

Giving commit rights to people just because they need an SSH access on the
machine is ill-conceived.

And even if things were to stay that way, that would not be a valid reason to
give people SVN access just like that --- at the very least, I would expect
people wanting commit rights to send a message to this mailing list, introducing
themselves and describing what exactly they intend to do.

Regards,
--
Albin Tonnerre