On Sat, 12 Nov 2011, Jonathan Armani wrote:

Yep, enough word have been said, I'm not interested in pushing diff /
process anymore.

raster, Jonathan was enthousiastic in porting e17 on OpenBSD. Now, if he is still interested in using e17 (that's even not sure anymore), he will just keep his patch privately, which is BAD.

I try to be nice and polite, to talk about the EFL, e17, to attract people so that they join our forces (and yes, i have really attracted new people in IRC channels !). Now, you're repulsing them ! Fuck ! Just for some patches that are not correctly written, you just upset people.

Instead of saying more or less "your patches suck, we don't want them", why not saying "hmm these patches are not good, because etc.. can you please rewrite them that way ?" Is it too much for you, to be a bit polite ???

Also, to be clear, I contact you on IRC about the private discussion I had with Jonathan, talking to you about those patches. I clearly said that some patches can be committed as-is, and some don't. I have warned you !!

Now, I understand a bit more how I have to do the work : I don't talk to you about stuff I know you won't be interested in (if you were interesting in OpenBSD port, you won't have overreact like that). I'll do it myself (like I did before I talked to you about those patches, it was working nicely), talking privately to people, so that we could move on.

I'm really really upset to see all my "behind the scene" work to attract people destroyed, and to finally see that you make them leave to project.

No need to answer to that mail. I won't read your answer. I don't want to spend endless time answering for nothing.

Vincent

End of topic.