On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Vincent Torri <vincent.to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 7:46 AM, Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr> wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Vincent Torri <vincent.to...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> it's another layer. Windows is already slow. If you add a conversion
>>> it will be even slower.
>>
>> Well, sometimes having a smarter higher level help the lower part :-)
>> But in that case, you have no choice as EvasGL API basically means you
>> need to emulate OpenGL anyway
>
> sorry, i don't understand. Why do we have to *emulate* OpenGL if we
> *have* OpenGL on Windows ?

Nah, that was for the Direct3D case. You once told me that Driect3D
driver tend to be in better shape than OpenGL, so you wanted a
Direct3D backend. And apparently Chrome and Firefox do agree with you
as they both use an adaption layer in some case (I don't know what
trigger the Angle (OpenGL on top of Direct3D) vs OpenGL directly).
--
Cedric BAIL