On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 14:23:21 +0100
Stefan Schmidt <ste...@datenfreihafen.org> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 12:26, Thanatermesis wrote:
> > > From a packagers perspective it would be great if we could keep the
> > > efl, elementary and evas/emotion_generic_loaders version numbers the
> > > same even if there are no changes, the same as we did for the 1.7 tree.
> > > I'll leave it for you guys to decide though.
> >
> > + 1
>
> This counts not all all for me. If you have reasons let people known
> them. +1 has the same status as an empty mail for me.
>
> regards
> Stefan Schmidt

Agree

I'm guessing that in the future we'll continue to merge things. Elementary will
probably get merged into the EFL tree, and maybe emotion generic will merge
into the evas generic tree.

It's annoying to have to upgrade (for users and packagers) packages when
nothing has changed except a version number, but it does make bug filing/fixing
easier.