On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 07:14:18AM +1030, Simon wrote:
> On 12/10/2013 12:07 AM, Michael Blumenkrantz wrote:
> > I'm guessing that in the future we'll continue to merge things. Elementary
> > will probably get merged into the EFL tree, and maybe emotion generic will
> > merge into the evas generic tree.
> >
> > It's annoying to have to upgrade (for users and packagers) packages when
> > nothing has changed except a version number, but it does make bug
> > filing/fixing easier.
> I guess i should point out that with our build system it takes less then
> 2 minutes to bump a version number, so as i found the other night its
> easier for me if they are all the same number as i spent more time going
> back and looking at which package needed which version then it would
> have taken to package the one package that hadn’t changed.

For distributions where the users are responsible to build the stuff
it's really bad.

It takes 2 minutes for me to update the recipes in meta-efl for new
version, but it will take many hours for each user of these metadata to
recreate binaries with updated version, but otherwise exactly the same
content.

I don't see how it makes bug tracking better, because if someone reports
bug against 1.8.2 which is exactly the same source as 1.8.1, then it
looks like new issue was introduced in 1.8.2, but it's probably just
something overlooked when "the same" 1.8.1 was being used in the distro.

--
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: martin.ja...@gmail.com