Hello.

On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 20:05, Simon wrote:
> On 12/09/2013 05:40 PM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > On Sun, 2013-12-08 at 14:58, Jeff Hoogland wrote:
> >> Just wanted to confirm emotion generic players isn't getting a 1.8.1
> >> release.
> > Confirmed. Emotion generic players had not a single commit since
> > 1.8.0. Nothing to release.
> >
> > regards
> > Stefan Schmidt
>
>  From a packagers perspective it would be great if we could keep the
> efl, elementary and evas/emotion_generic_loaders version numbers the
> same even if there are no changes, the same as we did for the 1.7 tree.
> I'll leave it for you guys to decide though.

I was pondering about that. For 1.7.x we had way more tarballs for one
release. Due to the merged efl tree this really got down.

Would you expect emotion generic player release tarballs for 1.8.1 and
1.8.2 even when not a single commit hit that repo?

We can switch back to that model but I'm not a fan of doing "empty"
releases just to stay in sync for the version number.

It would only heppen from 1.8.3 though. Skipping a minor release for
everything but efl. IT will always be out of sync with e18 in any
case.

In sumarry I have no hard feeling in any direction. :)

regards
Stefan Schmidt