On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 7:57 PM, Thomas Strobel <ts...@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 19:14 -0200, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
>> this was on purpose.
>>
>> The recent authors (cedric, me, tom...) decided they didn't like BSD
>> as the ancient and the license was hurting us as nobody gave back.
>> Then when we created Eina to unify data types in ecore and evas, we
>> proposed to do it in LGPL and people accepted, raster was okay with
>> that and so we did.
>>

> Thanks for the explanation. Just out of curiosity, did it help? I mean,
> did you get more people to contribute back to the project now?

I doubt all the companies that did contribute lots of resources would
have done if it was bsd. It's hard to ensure the results of a change
would have in the future, but companies would just ignore it because
of license (ie: my company) to others that would likely keep private
changes because they were allowed to.

given the way big companies work, I doubt samsung would contribute
everything they did if they didn't have to... it's a hard and painful
process, they had to do, i guess they would just skip if they were
allowed.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri