I agree with Jeff.

BUT...

TLDR:
If there's other people that doesn't have programming skill big enough
to spend them on E core developing (bugs, E20, etc etc) like me, but
want to create theme, maybe we shold try to create a project togheter?

"If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword..."
We need someone that create a good layout (a designer?)

"...and you have my bow..."
a couple of E coder (Simotek? Stephan from relighted? Someone else?)

"...and my axe!"
and someone that know GTK or QT (is there anybody out there?).

Try to make a call to arm.
Of course the few things I know about E theme, I'm glad to give for the
project :)

___

NO, I WANT ALL THE STUPID DUMA'S THOUGHTS

I agree with Jeff.
Changing gadget layout, wallpaper, icon themes are things that an user
can do and can't make a distro unique.
It's just a simple and minimum customization.

New Enlightenment themes it's an important focus, but I suppose we have
to admit some things:
* Feel the taste. It's stupid and I don't like to follow fashion taste,
but users do this: why on blogs ElementaryOS, QuartzOS or Papyrus are
mentioned a lot? Because they use a stupid flat cool design (like
Material design) and do nothing different from their father distro. So
now people like this and, unfortunately, most of the distro follow this
taste: also the Ubuntu themes have "flatter" widgets than before. E Dark
themes with the high bevel looks very old and people troll the web how
ugly is.

* The third graphics library: maybe it's only a paranoid of mine, but
GTK and QT now uses automagically the same theme, so users don't find
big differences when they use Skype (QT) or Gedit (GTK). E with the few
application looks in all the system different and not unified. Finally
we have a Dark GTK theme, but we have to recognise that all the theme
created need a GTK (or QT) theme (blingbling, black&white, detour,
darkness), or users don't use it. So a theme developer should know not
only the ELM/EDJE, but alsto the GTK2 and css for GTK3. Or we are forced
to create port (like Radiance or Klak theme)... and the web trolls E
because it follow a look of a distro they don't like.

I often asking myself "Why I don't create a new theme? Completely new!"
but then I answer me: "Man, I can't develop ALSO the GTK 3, because I
don't know css and I don't know all the new widget they create and thei
exception", so I only recompile old themes like OpenGEU's ones and other
crappy things I've done on DeviantART.
I love blingbling theme and I want to create ELM part of it for E19, but
it's something needed? Someone use this? Could attract new user to E?

If there's other people that doesn't have programming skill big enough
to spend them on E core developing (bugs, E20, etc etc) like me, but
want to create theme, maybe we shold try to create a project togheter?

"If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword..."
We need someone that create a good layout (a designer?)

"...and you have my bow..."
a couple of E coder (Simotek? Stephan from relighted? Someone else?)

"...and my axe!"
and someone that know GTK or QT (is there anybody out there?).

Try to make a call to arm.
Of course the few things I know about E theme, I'm glad to give for the
project :)

Bye!
Duma