Why this is being relived...

<
> > Ecrire is NOT your project. It never has been. Now it definitely
> > will not be. Nor will I look to ever want to gain access to
> > git.e.org repos. Not with a crazy tyrant running around.
>
> Ok... I think we have our core issue here. You THINK that somehow the
> ecrire repository legally or morally belongs to a single individual
> and since you spoke to Tom to take over you believe it belongs to
> you. It does not.

I did that per  YOUR request to make YOU happy. It is totally moot to
me, and I will proceed on with ecrire as I have regardless.

> I could read that between the lines of your original mail I responded
> to and now I have it clear as daylight.

I am quite familiar with open source licenses and copyright.

> First - from a copyright point of view, The fact I have now modified
> the code gives me legal copyright over that code.

Commenting out others code/work. Hardly would be considered as  you
being the author of the code/work in any court of law.

You own work you authored. Any previous work still belongs to that
author for the term of the copyright.

> Without copyright
> assignment explicitly done (via a signed legally enforceable
> agreement), I retain copyright to any code I write...

You did not write anything.... You commented out code. So funny!
That gives you legal ownership of nothing.

> This is the exact attitude I detected and this attitude is 100% not
> acceptable around here.

Look in the mirror. Why are you bringing this up again?

I surely will not bother to ever want access to any git.e.org repos.
Not after this experience.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.