I was able to replace the ecore x code and resolve any dependencies
there and crash related to such under wayland.

https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/ecrire/commit/d07af0ebbebcde9818f2d178861d39a6edcf7269

I would have much rather seen something like above than commenting out
code and function. My other was a work around till such could be
produced to retain function under x and fix crash under wayland,
temporarily. The matter is put to rest now.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.