On 05/16/2017 07:09 AM, Vincent Torri wrote:
> https://ffmpeg.org/developer.html#Code-of-conduct

I don't think a code of conduct is really necessary here, my reading of
this thread having spent some time talking to William on IRC in the
prior is that if people communicated with some care none of this would
have ever happened.

I'm going to call people out here because they should know and do
better. Raster your communication in this thread has been that of an
utter jerk I don't think I missed anything but there was absolutely no
reason why you should have started using the language and tone you did.

Had you written one clear email better outlining the way the project
works in a nicer tone i'm guessing this would be resolved and there
would be no issue. An example of this could be yes any developer may
push a simple work around fix to any repo as they see it (although if
they are not active there its best to first check with someone who is)
at a later date if someone comes up with a better fix they can just
revert the temporary fix.

Had you communicated with me in the way you communicated with William
when I first joined the project I wouldn't still be here now. From
everything i've seen William seems like a decent person with good
intentions who has seen a problem (the lack of a decent simple text
editor for enlightenment) and is trying to fix that problem we really
should be encouraging people like that not putting them off. We have
often spoken about ways to get people better engaged with the community
both from inside and outside Samsung, what you have done in this thread
is taken someone who was actively trying to get involved in our
community and turned them away, which is really quite disappointing. I
know your busy at TDC but I suggest that once your back you should go
out of your way to try and repair the situation your poor communication
has caused. There is nothing wrong with the action you did in commenting
out some code (within how we tend to work as a community) but your
communication around it absolutely stank.

I'm also going to call out Stephen because in this thread you simply
acted like a Jerk without adding anything of meaning to the discussion.

To finish let me be clear if someone comes in here acting like an arse I
have no problem with them being put in there place and sent away our
community shouldn't have to tolerate people being arses, but in this
case there was someone doing there best in good faith to do everything
right by the community and they were treated appallingly by senior
members of our community for no good reason and thats just not on.

Now it would be nice if those involved took a step back and had a think
about the way they've behaved and then deal with this again in a few
days and hopefully come to a better resolution. Personally i'm looking
forward to using ecrire and shipping it in openSUSE.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30