On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 09:03:01 +0930
Simon Lees <sfl...@suse.de> wrote:

> In many IRC channels I am in for open source projects giving someone a
> kickban for ignoring a channel moderator when they ask you to stop off
> topic discussion is common and perfectly acceptable, If I was a
> channel moderator and asked you to stop a certain behavior and you
> didn't I'd also ban you for a period.

It was not a request...
 <@KainX> ajslye: You don't know what you're talking about, and this
 conversation is WAY off-topic.
@KainX> wltjr: You too.  That's enough.  Take it to /msg.

First off a channel moderator should not partake is a off topic
discussion saying someone does not know what they are talking about.

Secondly in what world is take it to /msg a request? That is an
order, demand etc.

I was raised long ago to use the world PLEASE....
"Like guys can you please take the off topic convo else where..."

Not being completely rude....

> I am sure equally after a period of time if the channel moderators
> feel that you will listen to them and respect them they will remove
> that ban.

I will not return. Something moderators should consider before kicking
or banning anyone. Surely without warning etc.

> Yes Kainx's language wasn't the best but you were personally attacking
> him as much as he was you (you just used different words) so don't
> play innocent.

Point out where exactly I insulted anyone. I did not personally attack
anyone. Provide the line where I did. I could have responded with
insults but I did not.

I find that ridiculous to be accused in any way shape or form of
attacking KainX. They approached me rudely. I never interacted with
them before.

> All in all I think KainX's actions were for the most part reasonable
> and maybe once everything cools down a bit someone will remove your
> ban (as long as you listen to and respect the moderators)

Who cares I will not return. That was unacceptable. Your rationale is
absurd. Clearly such is acceptable and others were justified in their
approach comments actions etc.

No thank you!

--
William L. Thomson Jr.