Michael Jennings said:
> On Wednesday, 03 March 2004, at 10:47:59 (-0600),
> Ibukun Olumuyiwa wrote:
>
>> > Mandrake is loaded w/ problems,... Besides Mandrake was build out
>> > of RH.  So if we want to build a RH-based distro, why not take RH
>> > itself? :-p
>>
>> This is a common misconception. Mandrake is not loaded with
>> problems, and no, Mandrake is NOT a RH-based distro (at least not
>> any more).
>
> This is exactly the type of bullshit I didn't want to see.  Discussing
> the merits of various distributions is OFF TOPIC for this list.
> Discussing a new distro centered around E is fine, but this is not.

The question is about whether Mandrake would form a suitable base for the
distro. It is not offtopic. Note that the discussion has not deviated from
the question of which distro to start off on, if any, or whether we should
go from scratch. Don't be so scared of a little argument every now and
then, my friend. :)

Ibukun