On 02/03/04, at 13:54 -0600, Ibukun Olumuyiwa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hmm...I didn't realize this discussion was already brewing on e-users. I
> am very interested at this point in creating an E-based distro/liveCD --
> mostly out of frustration working with the various retarded Unix WMs I
> have to use at work. At this point the tentative plan is to take
> MandrakeMove (I chose it over Knoppix because it has better/more
> user-friendly administration tools) and strip it down to a bare minimum,
> then tack on the E suite and add a few absolutely necessary packages, and
> finish off with a nice graphical bootup that hands over to Entrance. If
> there is sufficient support for this I'll start up a new project on SF to
> begin. Proposed codename is Eunuchs (pronounced "Unix", of course).
> Because everyone knows I'm a genius when it comes to naming projects. :)
>

>From WordNet (r) 2.0 [wn]:

  eunuch
       n : a man who has been castrated and is incapable of
           reproduction; "eunuchs guarded the harem" [syn: {castrate}]

Gees I like the idea of it. But NOT the name. No please not
"eunuchs"... :-) This name is awful dude. Give it a more powerful name or
one which symbolizes E! Who would want to use a distro w/ that
name?!?! Gosh!

Ibukun please consider revising it...

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student.

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: slsbdfc at nus dot edu dot sg /
didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg