On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 10:47:59 -0600 Ibukun Olumuyiwa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(Bbabbled:
(B
(B> That said, I am welcome to the idea of building from ground up so that we
(B> can make this as lean and mean as we possibly can. However, some of these
(B> distributions (MandrakeMove, Knoppix notably) have LiveCD and package
(B> management technology that we will find useful in the process, even though
(B> they could also use a lot of optimizing.
(B
(BWell my view is that we arent making "yet another dist" - if we were we'd
(Bneed massive resources. if all we want is to take other peoples tools and
(Bjust change the name to E it's a pointless task. if all we do is take a dist
(Band add E packages - its a pointless task. wehy not just make E packages and
(Bconvince the dist to use them.
(B
(Bi swee this as an oppotunity to do something quite different. :)
(B
(B> Finally, while "Eunuchs" was sort of a joke (I wasn't surprised by the
(B> response), we do need to settle on a name for it. Ben's project names list
(B> posted to e-devel a few months back provides some excellent choices. Once
(B> there is a name, we can open an SF project and get the ball rolling.
(B
(B2 things here. first - lets not start thisd without REAL DEDICATED people to
(Bhelp. if we want to make this happen - we need people - dedicated people who
(Bwill stick to it thru thick and thin and are prepared to do a lot of
(Bunrewarding HARD WORK. i personalyl have very little time - and until e17 is
(Bout i have major focuses elsewhere. i've partly been down this road before so
(Bi can offer advice on several things - but not everything by any means.
(B
(Bsecondly - i'd just go for calling it "e" 1 letter. short. simple. its the
(Bthnig that common amongst all e stuff :)
(B
(B--
(B------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------
(BThe Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
$B7'<*(B - $Bhttp://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1470&alloc_id=3638&op=click
(Benlightenment-users mailing list
(B[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Bhttps://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/enlightenment-users