On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:54:07 -0600 Ibukun Olumuyiwa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(Bbabbled:
(B
(B> Hmm...I didn't realize this discussion was already brewing on e-users. I
(B> am very interested at this point in creating an E-based distro/liveCD --
(B> mostly out of frustration working with the various retarded Unix WMs I
(B
(Bthere's also undeadlinux that tries to be this - i know very little about it -
(Bso i don't know if its alive, dead, how good etc.
(B
(B> have to use at work. At this point the tentative plan is to take
(B> MandrakeMove (I chose it over Knoppix because it has better/more
(B> user-friendly administration tools) and strip it down to a bare minimum,
(B> then tack on the E suite and add a few absolutely necessary packages, and
(B> finish off with a nice graphical bootup that hands over to Entrance. If
(B> there is sufficient support for this I'll start up a new project on SF to
(B> begin. Proposed codename is Eunuchs (pronounced "Unix", of course).
(B> Because everyone knows I'm a genius when it comes to naming projects. :)
(B
(Bnot sure i like enuchs... but... hehehehe :) first i like this idea - but
(Bwe'd need REAL dedication to this. doing a dist - of any size is a LOT of
(Bwork. and i see us having 2 issues here. we have a CD "live" dist and an
(Binstalled dist - they can share a lot in common - in fatc i'd love to see a
(Blive dist where one option after it has booted is "install me" as a
(Bmenu/app/button etc. the problem with building on a dist and stripping it
(Bdown is that you inherit its cruft - no matter how far you strip.
(B
(Bpersonally i'd look agt WHAT the dists do to run well and then do it again
(B"from scratch". that'd be how i would do it. you will make a MUCh leaner dist
(Band actually understand every component and know why it is there and exactly
(Bwhat it does. in all honesty this isnt as hard as it sounds...
(B
(B> --
(B>
(B> Ibukun Olumuyiwa
(B> http://xcomputerman.com
(B>
(B> "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy
(B> getting get understanding." - Proverbs 4:7
(B
(B
(B--
(B------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------
(BThe Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
$B7'<*(B - $Bhttp://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1356&alloc_id=3438&op=click
(Benlightenment-users mailing list
(B[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Bhttps://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/enlightenment-users