On 03/03/04, at 13:52 +0900, Carsten Haitzler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 22:01:08 -0500 Justin P <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:
>
> > I would love to help out with this idea.  I am new at this development
> > thing, so I won't be able to give much in the way of guidance but would
> > gladly be an indian and listen and do what the chiefs suggest.
>
> well at this stage it's probably a question of - either if we make it compatible
> with a dist - example, make it based on debian and use .deb's then it will just
> be a specific fork of debian's base and we can apt-get install the rest. do we
> build off RH/fedora? or mandrake? or do we simply examine dists and "DIY"

Mandrake is loaded w/ problems,... Besides Mandrake was build out of RH.
So if we want to build a RH-based distro, why not take RH itself? :-p

We can also apt-get w/ RH/Fedora distro nowadays.

Fedora has lots of administration tools also.

Debian is not too bad either.

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student.

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: slsbdfc at nus dot edu dot sg /
didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg