I ran across the following article on Britain and the E.U.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/analysis-of-economic-benefits-of-britain-s-eu-membership-a-881813.html

It gets into the Free Trade question and the WTO......Tariffs--I like
them.....I suggest the option of the  E.U. getting out of the WTO, instead
of the suggestion that it (the WTO) is now the be all and end all..... END
ALL... I could agree with.... end all prosperity.... for the developed
countries, that is.....the "old" E.U had it right... (as did the Union
Movement, throughout the world)... Comparable (not "Free") Trade for and
with countries that share comparable fair  labor laws... otherwise...
tariff the exploitative bloodsuckers out of your "markets"....The
"bloodsuckers" NOT being the nation states... but YES being the
"corporations" that... "slave-shop" for cheap labor....."Corporate
citizenship", that's what I suggest....