I don't consider wealth as filthy. To get the same amount of money as all
of the taxes on economic activity combined would require a tax rate of
about 3% on wealth. Which is why I say tax wealth not economic activity.
Any student of control theory will tell you that you put the feedback
controls on outputs of integrators, not on the inputs. Wealth is the
cumulative result of economic activity...

Lonnie Courtney Clay