----------
> From: Beaker (aka Jeff W) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [Eug-lug]Dan's text based computer system
> Date: Sunday, December 15, 2002 11:00 PM
>
> why download the messages? I believe Dan has an EFN
> account, right? He should be able to ssh into EFN and run Pine or
Mutt,
> no? If yes, then all thats left is the PPP configuration. Even if
EFN
> doesn't allow Pine/Mutt on their system, there are other
alternatives
> like freeshell.org which do.

I've used to have a shell account at EFN, using DOS Telix, and used
Pine. But I just have one phone line. For that and other reasons, I'd
rather work offline, and it was a lot of bother if I wanted to save
anything on my own computer. Probably easier now.

In fact sometimes I'd like to have a web "browser" that worked
through email, and especially for a friend, who only has email. There
used to be an address where you could send a URL and get the text of
a web page. Does anyone know of such today?

Dan