On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 08:17:43AM -0800, Larry Price wrote:
> > *sigh*  I hate mailman.  =p
>
> No You don't, You hate the way I configured this list.
>
> It's set Reply-To: goes to list, not sender.
>
> I happen to think it's good for this list, since it means that everyone
> sees most of the replies which is good for following technical
> conversations, but if you just hit reply expecting it to go the sender
> only...
>
> It's also a holy-war item with a long history, people have written MB's of
> flamage on both sides, i've heard it all so don't expect me to take either
> side seriously.

Mailman always sets Reply-to to something.  I like the Debian list
approach: don't set it at all and set other headers which tell clients how
to do list replies properly.

I realise this doesn't always work and there are enough braindead mail
clients that you can not really expect it to work all of the time, but
that option doesn't exist in mailman's configuration.

Debian's mailing lists use a rather abused form of smartlist.  I wouldn't
want to touch that monstrosity with a five foot pole.  (Or a five foot,
four inch pole, as the case may be..)

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                      This end upside-down

* Twilight1 will have to hang his Mozilla beanie dinosaur in effigy if
  Netscape sells-out to Alot Of Losers..