On Friday 20 December 2002 03:31 am, Joseph Carter wrote:
: On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 02:46:46AM -0800, Linux Rocks! wrote:
: > Ill wait for the dvd :) I like Joe...  I do find it amusing that a man
: > that is legally blind (5' pole and all) keeps inviting poeple to movies
: >
: > :)
:
: You know, even totally blind people do things like watch TV and the like.
yep! and use computers too! EFN has has a workstation for the visually
impaired for 5 years or so...
:
: There are also an increasing number of "described audio" programs for the
: blind.  CSI, for example, is available with described audio - every TV
: made in the past decade or so has a function called SAP (Secondary Audio
: Program), which often used to be used for offering both English and
: Spanish audio for the same show at the same time.  If you watch CSI (the
: only show that comes to mind immediately as having it), try watching it
: with SAP enabled.  It might be buried under a menu or something.

Really... cool... Im aware of SAP, but I didnt know about described audeo.
TV's with builtin subtitlle function are popular with foriegn students. Its
easier for them to understand whats going on, sometimes its hard to
understand the speech part, and they can read anything they may miss..

:
:
: I say in the exact middle of the very front row for The Two Towers, BTW,
: on account of the subtitles I knew would be present.  I was able to read
: them just fine from where I sat.  Obviously this means I need a movie
: theater in my room for watching subtitled anime, right?  =D

I hate subtitles... one of the really cool features  of dvd's is that you can
enable/disable subtitles, listen in  many languages. I watched Metropolis
(the anime/computer gen movie, not the old black  and white). I was impressed
as it ws subtitled  in about 6 languages, as well as dubbed in that many too!

--
No microsoft products were used to produce this message.