The first Raptor I bought lasted almost 5 minutes! My current
one has been going for a few months. I only bought it to move my
games mount point to. I don't trust my day to day data to any WD
no matter what the warranty.

The BIGGEST thing you can do to prevent drive failure is BACKUP.
Seriously, this guy Murphy usually only comes around when you
have something critical on the drive and no current backups.