On 5/22/07, Mr O <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The first Raptor I bought lasted almost 5 minutes! My current
one has been going for a few months. I only bought it to move my
games mount point to. I don't trust my day to day data to any WD
no matter what the warranty.

And to counter-point that, of the many hard drives in my house, 8 of them
are WD, either Raptors or RE2s. One of the Raptors has been going strong for
over 3 years, and the others are over a year old and have been running
basically 24x7 in that time.

But yeah, WD are generally dodgy in my experience. For example, while I was
at South Lane, we had a batch of 15 computers that were purchased sometime
in 2003, all had consumer grade WD drives in them. 10 of them failed within
6 months of each other during the 2005-2006 school year.

--
-Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-