The pusher trailer is, by far, the best solution. They are also relatively cheap to build. Run great with little trouble. No handling difficulties. Low pollution. You can even run a diesel on biodiesel, if you can find a clean front clip from a Golf TDI in the bone yard for a reasonable price.

http://www.evconvert.com/article/ev-pusher
http://www.evalbum.com/304
http://www.evalbum.com/753

Most all of the old timers remember Mr. Sharky. A very clever EVer indeed.

Generator trailers have to be HUGE, expensive, and they often are very polluting. It takes at least a 10 kW generator to run your EV, which, don't forget, must also haul the generator trailer. (Yes, 10 kW. No, a smaller generator won't work at highway speed. Trust me, I've tried it.) About 1.5 times the juice of the car alone. A trailer adds an _astounding_ amount of drag. The noise the cheap generators emit completely ruins the EV experience.

    Battery trailers are also huge, and expensive.

Bill Dube'