Dennis Miles wrote:

> > David, and others, the most fragile part, of a series DC motor, is the
> > commutator.

And, bear in mind that the original poster is considering the AC-51 motor,
which is AC, not brushed DC, and so has no commutator to worry about.

If I were the OP, I'd still want HPEVS to provide some max safe RPM value, not
just a verbal statement that the 8000RPM limit is a controller limitation and
not a limitation of the motor.

Roger.