I am not familiar enough to name part numbers and brands, but my research
indicates that some transfer cases use internal chains and therefore solve
the lubrication, cleanliness, and bearing concerns, also some heavy duty
transfer cases use a gear train and not a chain drive. I am told the chain
units last about 150.000 miles then the chain needs replacement (That is
twice as long as an automatic transmission..) That is why I suggest going
to a 4X4 custom shop and talking with techs with practical experience. Not
your neighborhood "Shade Tree Mechanic."

Dennis Lee Miles

(*evprofes...@evprofessor.com <evprofes...@evprofessor.com>)*

* Founder:    **EV Tech. Institute Inc.*

*Phone #* *(863) 944-9913 (12 noon to 12 midnight Eastern US Time)*

*Educating yourself, does not mean you were **stupid; it means, you are
intelligent enough,  **to know, that there is plenty left to learn!*

*          You Tube Video link:  http://youtu.be/T-FVjMRVLss
<http://youtu.be/T-FVjMRVLss> *

*    NEW You Tube Video link: *http://youtu. be/Pz9-TZtySh8
<http://youtu.%20be/Pz9-TZtySh8>