On Apr 6, 2015, at 5:58 PM, Chris Tromley via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> ​I more or less agree with what you're ​saying - as long as there is still
> a choice.

To be clear: I am most emphatically _*NOT*_ suggesting that all vehicles, or
even all new vehicles be roboticized.

I'm just suggesting that there're an awful lot of people who do or should want
robot cars and that everybody on the road will benefit from such automation.

And if you think that there's really a chance that non-robotic cars will be
banned...well, just look at guns for comparison. That industry is a tiny
pittance compared to the automotive industry, and _far_ more people drive and
own cars than own guns. Whatever your stand on gun rights...it should be
obvious that any attempts to ban non-robotic cars would fail far more
spectacularly than recent attempts to ban guns.

b&