If you are going to sell them after you build one of your own, it is going to be very difficult to beat the Tesla on performance, safety, and value/dollar.

You want a convertible, cut the top off of a Tesla. Do it very nicely and neatly of course, but that would be your best option. Sell that customized model of a Tesla, using the same business model as van conversions, stretch limos, and bulletproof cars use.

One thing that you are not taking into account is that all OEM EVs are _very_ aerodynamic. (No exceptions.) This is directly related to range, the cost of the battery pack, the weight of the battery pack, and the cost of the car. A car with crappy range simply won't sell. Likewise, a car with a heavy (and expensive) battery pack to make up for a bad Cd will take a performance hit because of the extra weight, and won't sell either.

ICE cars really don't have to be aerodynamic to sell well. Poor aero doesn't impact the purchase price, or the weight of the vehicle, and doesn't alter the performance appreciably. All that really changes is the EPA estimated mileage. The customer doesn't care mostly because he doesn't think that far ahead.

Thus, if you want a "classic" or "sporty" or some other styling, you can't sacrifice aerodynamic drag to achieve it. You must carefully style the car to achieve the desired look, while being very very aerodynamic. Not easy to do, but you must to build an EV that will actually sell. To sell, it must have range and performance and be competitive in cost. That, in turn, requires that it have a low Cd. Thus, a Mustang or a Corvette won't work. Awful Cd.