Bill, I HAVE gone through a detailed business plan. And it has been reviewed by
a team of six business advisors. Apparently you misunderstand. My goal is not
to CONVERT cars, it is to build my own EV sports car. My initial prototype is a
conversion, simply because that cut years off of the process. To build your own
EV vehicle requires:

*Attractive body style
*Chassis
*EV drivetrain

My business model allows me to stop at any point. I started with the body
because I can finish the body, leave the car ICE (with twin turbos to hit the
magic 750 horsepower "Supercar" level) and sell them like that. The body is
about 75% finished.

I did not start with the EV conversion because,mad you pointed out, it would
cost a small fortune and destroy the value of the donor car. That makes no
sense from a business perspective.

I originally dismissed the EV route as cost prohibitive. But I met with that
group of business advisors and they recommended the EV route to fill a current
gap in the market. The ICE Supercar level is simply too crowded and represents
a much higher business risk. Corvette and Viper have the entry cost too low to
make any money there. While I t's a toss up whether to do the EV conversion or
chassis after the body is done, the EV represents the quickest time to market
unless I want to sell an ICE Supercar (not COMPLETELY out of the question). But
the advisors said an ICE version would dilute the value of a later (and more
expensive) EV version.

I have absolutely no use for a small EV motorcycle so that does not interest me
in the least. I belong to a Makerspace and several people have built EV
bicycles or an EV go cart. That's not difficult, doing it at scale is.

BTW, the target price for the finished car is $150,000 (recommended by the
business advisors). No money to be made building these and selling them for
less than that. If this doesn't work I'll still have a nice and unique EV
sports car for a fraction of what a comparable car would cost and I'll just
keep my day job.

Sent from my iPhone