To be clear, I love every Tesla I've owned, and I think overall Tesla is a
great company, but it's not without its problems:

The older S/X models don't have the charge port, wiring or contactors to
reliably support supercharging at over 400A, which in practice is about
150kW.   Starting in software 2019.16.x Tesla started limiting most all of
the older pack IDs to substantially less than this limit to supposedly
"prolong pack life".  They did not give owners a choice in this matter,
which I believe is wrong.  They "took away" a capability without owner
consultation.  It's done. Period!

Another example: In 2015 people started seeing this alert
"BMS_a159_wotCycleCounter" and had their cars performance capped at 300kW,
even if they had paid good money for a "Performance" model.   This was
triggered regardless of actual conditions after 2500 full "go pedal"
(accelerator) stomps, even if only for a few milliseconds.   I was one of
the people who exposed this "CounterGate" and eventually forced Tesla to
walk this back.  (I also reset the counter on a number of cars before they
did)   It's unethical to "take away" a feature of the car by remote
software update and yet that's what they did with zero owner notification.
They almost never release proper release notes for the software updates, so
hapless owners install them blindly.  Had they stated this up-front in the
purchase agreement or at least in the owner's manual, then maybe they would
have had a leg to stand on, but they didn't.

The aforementioned 2019.16.x Range and supercharging speed neuter is
another example of this 4 years later.  I have rolled software back to
prior versions for many owners who are quite reasonably pissed that Tesla
unceremoniously took capability away.  It would be fine if they gave owners
the option of "extending pack life" but they just universally clamped this
limit on ALL models regardless of pack condition.

Also, as most of you know, when Tesla catches wind that a car has been
branded "Salvage", or taken out of its original home market, they flag the
car as "unsupported" in their systems.  They used to deny ANY parts
purchase for any car so flagged, but luckily they finally walked that
policy back.  Since 2014 they had been removing supercharging from such
flagged Model S/X cars, even if the car was sold with "free unlimited
supercharging".  Model 3/Y were left alone until sometime in 2020, and then
they too began seeing their supercharging disabled, even if they had been
charging fine for years!  They do this by accessing the car remotely over
the cell network and modifying the car's configuration in the car itself.
This is a felony under federal law as far as I understand the Computer
Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA), codified under Title 18 U.S. Code § 1030.  I
have restored supercharging on over 2000 cars since 2015 where Tesla
illegally disabled it.  If Tesla chose to ban these cars from their
network, that would be one thing, it's their network, but they are doing so
by modifying YOUR car without YOUR permission.  That's not really far off
from having a couple of guys show up in a Model X at 11pm and remove the
21" performance wheels you paid a premium for and leave you with 19" steel
wheels!

Starting a few months ago after 7 years of crippling cars for a weak
excuse, they now finally offer a way to get your supercharging restored,
though it will cost you dearly and it's not guaranteed.  Here is the
document outlining their policy:
https://www.docdroid.net/z3UM0m9/tn-18-00-001-unsupported-vehicle-policy-r3-pdf

To see their prior policy where they 100% refuse to allow supercharging,
EVEN with an inspection:
https://www.scribd.com/document/425591536/TN-18-00-001-Unsupported-Vehicle-Policy

How many other things have they taken away secretly?

-Phil