Interesting.  For me, strictly academically so, since neither GM nor Ford
now offers an EV that I'd even consider buying.

Regrettable too that we can't have a worldwide charging standard, and one
not dictated by a particular automaker.

That second condition may be just the foul aftertaste left by Magne Charge,
rammed through by GM.

CCS Type 2 is the EU standard.  Even Teslas use it here.  Works for me. :-)

In China it's GB/T.

I think that Japan is still "plugging away" with Chademo.  Not that it
matters that much, since Japan is even more of an EV laggard than the US,
thanks to Toyota's anti-EV influence.  Though I read recently that Toyota's
new chairman may be less opposed to EVs.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Believe it or not, there are physical structures called stores
     designed for in-person shopping. Most have signs outside, adver-
     tising what they sell. Grocery stores sell food; clothing stores
     sell clothing. Home Depot sells homes and depots, Trader Joe's
     sells sloppy joes, and Target sells everything but what you wanted.

                                                        -- Janet Periat

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/