With a Tesla you have an account with cc information already stored.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, June 9, 2023, 10:05 AM, Tom Keenan via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

If NACS does become the standard, I’m curious how Tesla will do billing for
non-Tesla vehicles. Will the vehicle be identified by the charging station (as
Teslas are at superchargers?) or will it be via app?

I also wonder if Tesla will disallow some vehicles (or certain models) from
charging on the supercharger network if something were to occur, such as a
battery recall, a vehicle being reported as being involved in an accident, or
even a dispute with the other manufacturer?

From the direction of other EVSE providers (such as EA), is it possible to
modify current EVSE to have both CCS and NACS on the same equipment?  Perhaps
swap out one of the two CCS cables (such as is done with some Chademo
installs)?

Seems odd that EA oftentimes installs two CCS cables on a device that only
serves one parking space, so that might make more sense.

Or is it significantly more complicated than adding a digital handshaking part
for NACS to work with the analog-based CCS stations?

Anecdotally, I’ve noticed that some issues with EA charging stations might be
related to poor cell signal coverage at some sites. It seems that when I’ve had
troubles getting EA EVSE to work/process payment, it is typically in a spot
with less than two bars of cell service.

Tom Keenan

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/