From: meekerdb
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-01-04, 16:49:55
Subject: Re: Is Sheldrake credible ? I personally think so.

On 1/4/2013 8:38 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
> Hi meekerdb
>
> 1) Materialists don't have any dogmas. Just ask one of them.

Theists have nothing but dogmas and you don't have to ask them, they tell you,
e.g. one of
their dogmas is that materialism is wrong, humans have immortal souls, and God
will punish
you if you don't like Him.

> 2) quanta are not materials.

If electrons and quarks aren't material, what is?

> 3) materialism cannot accept empty space, since it isn't a material.

What is this "accept"? Is it like "have faith in"? Does it mean "accept as
dogma"? Most
models of the physical world include empty space (although 'empty' is relative
to the model).

Brent