Name me one large city that gets its power 100% exclusively from coal or
from nuclear? You can't because all major energy markets are fed by a mix of
energy generation capacity. Yet you keep on with this straw man argument.
Why?

From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of spudboy...@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:14 AM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Our Demon-Haunted World

I would say you are incorrect concerning cities which rely on one primary
power source, especially, if its local or regional. Power by wire, is common
practice, but first we must have sufficient spinning, or ready reserve. My
objection is now the source of power, but if it produce enough power at an
affordable cost? Your solar and wind may, 17 years from now, do the job that
gas turbines, or nukes, or coal, or hydroelectric does right now. Right now,
today 40 GW (is that Gigawatt hours or days?) is no more then a trifling
amount of what is needed by the human species. I object to governments
switching off power, when no sufficient substitute now exists. Many greens
are fine with rolling blackouts and brownouts because at least whatever
power is produced is environmentally benign. I suspect that when people
start doing a die-off, the Greens will state: "Oh, then would've died anyway
from pollution, contamination, and a ruined environment.."