On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 07:03:31AM -0700, ghib...@gmail.com wrote:
On Saturday, April 12, 2014 2:57:39 PM UTC+1, ghi...@gmail.com wrote:
A large component of the political spectrum do feel alienated from science
and that does leave them - and so as find with climate Science - vulnerable
in a way it once was not. And there is a reason for that, that the
institutions of science show no willingness to reflect on at all. For up to
50 or 60 years, academic institutions, usually in the form of academics
with too much say over who gets posts, have blatently followed corruption
recruitment practiced, packing people in that reflect ONE part of the
political and economic, social and ideological spectrum. Broadly,
conservatives have been pushed and kept out.
Chickens come home to roost. Look in the mirror time.

I'm trying to improve my typo problem. So that sentence above should have
read
"A large component of the political spectrum do feel alienated from science
and that does leave them - and so as we now find with AGW - Science itself,
vulnerable in a way it once was not. Vulnerable to this kind of
manipulation, from admittedly even fouler sources.
What would be a good piece of science would be to find out (a) what the
impact this internal corrupt practice within science of effectively making
political views a criteria for gettingices o ahead. and (a) about the
practices deployed to distort the public view. How many people that are
found first by the sophisticated denial approach, ever change their mind?
And vice verca?

Do you have evidence that "conservatives have been pushed and kept out
(of academia)"?

Whilst it is true that people who's views lie outside the current
paradigm might be pushed out, I'd be very surprised if that aligned
along the conservative-progressive political axis - except perhaps in
Political Science departments.

And Business and Economics departments, where the current paradigm in the U.S. is 'free market capitalism'.