On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 8:26 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 13 Apr 2014, at 19:43, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:
>
> If you guys want to argue to infinity these similar points (all really
> particular too at both end, of course), than sure: my apologies. I just
> took Bruno by his word of "I'll just say if I see an argument or not." and
> felt that was better than to have this thread keep ballooning with nobody
> else in the discussion or seeming to follow anymore. But if that was not a
> genuine point, fine. I stand corrected. PGC
>

> On the contrary, and I wish I could have read your comment before
> answering Craig. I might have avoiding answering it but I have that sort of
> weakness in believing he might see some point. It is also hard to not
> answer false attribution.

Ok, it's undecidable whether he ever will see the points or the fallacies.
But one can mistake some appearance of progress with fresh syntax of the
day. I don't think his position changed or moved one iota in past two years
regarding just the possibility of subject/step 0. The latest posts prove
this again and again.

> Craig is quite correct compared to the first person associated to the
> machine by the []p & p definition, and it reminds me that comp is, and has
> to be, counter-intuitive.
>
> It is a mini Brouwer-Hilbert debate, with Brouwer played by Craig, and the
> 1p of the machine (S4Grz, []p & p), and Hilbert (me, or the []p of the
> machines.

That is a fine way to see it, but I doubt Brouwer would confuse his own
intuitive notions with problems/resolutions to "true generation of
consciousness" and concepts of that sort.

> The logical appearance of the person is
>
> Truth  -> person -> machine/theories/ideas
>
> or put it differently:
>
> p  ----->  []p & p  -----> []p (& p?)
>
> Craig illustrates well that consciousness is in the true part, not in the
> representation, but you need both to have a local particular person,
> relatively to some universal number or system.

He never acknowledged that he lacks a frame in some third person sense, or
limits for the primitives to his explanations. So he could continue forever
trivially, S4Grzetting you to the end of time with fancy color explosion of
syntax/semantics after you state some limit of machine or some flaw in
reasoning.

> Now this made him into a trivial step zero stopper, and I can be tired of
> the accumulation of word play, and the begging questions.
>
> I appreciate the intervention.

I see how that it's a tricky question, but I wouldn't be surprised if you
just turned around and walked away from these games that are not even that
funny; well, except for Craig = Brouwer and you = Hilbert []p (I'm not so
sure Brouwer would be ok with Craig; much less Hilbert with you!) kind of
stuff. PGC