When we look at geophysical forces, the action of biochemistry, over the long
millions of years, humankind is puny. Nature, Biochemistry, Geo-activity,
Evolution, are all neutral things, because it is the human senses, and thought,
that gives value, or de-value, to all of these. I don't think planet worship is
a good thing, in and of itself. In fact, the elites that you guys ignore, value
the planet, over the rest of us, damned, dirty, apes (Orig. Planet Apes,
Heston)

In the 20th century, UK Labor leaders would make speeches about members of the
House of Lords, exclaiming, "Someday, we'll have him out of that auto!" which
mean't, the chauffer driven Rolls Royce. People like Al Gore, George Soros, say
the same thing except they want all of the Proles out of their cars and forced
to take public transport, while they fly private jets, have their own chauffer
driven limousines. The elitists hypocrisy of the Green Reds, should at least
gather people's concern, however, their sins are ignored as they fund
Progressive causes, specifically environmental causes.

They are worse, to me, then, vile, uncle Penny Bags, in his top hat and tux,
reviled by progressives-a symbol of capitalism. What needs to be addressed,
entirely, is Crony Capitalism, which has direct, access to power, and
essentially, runs the world. Crony Capitalists, run both parties in the states,
and I suspect this might be true in Kiwiland?
Humans, when our lifestyles get upgraded, start to become concerned about
critters survival (plants too) when they climb up Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
But definitely, not before! I agree with the Rational Optimist view of the
world. The Chinese, burn gigatons of coal, (which Green schmucks never ever
address!) yet I suspect if the had a cheaper, cleaner, abundant, option, even
party leaders and their billionaires, would opt for clean air. So far, the
miracle of solar power hasn't done this. Try powering Shang Hai on solar and
wind. Success? Ah! Not yet.

The Chinese have double the amount of shale gas then we, but not the expertise
yet to exploit it, or the political will. In the US it goes zooming along,
despite the lamentations of the greenies, In Europe its stalled due to
Green-Red control and the sheer delight of importing methane from Lord Putin.
That is their choice, of course.