On 31 May 2015 at 03:42, Samiya Illias <samiyaill...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Which is why I suggest that those who understand science should evaluate
> the Quranic statements about nature to examine if the author knows what he
> is talking about.
>
> Obviously for this to be a meaningful exercise it should be a double-blind
test in which various sacred texts which give similar statements that could
be seen as scientific are compared. One would need Biblical scholars,
experts in the Norse Eddas, Buddhists and so on to take what they consider
meaningful statements, suitably agnostic scholars to translate them if
necessary, historians to give suitable interpretations to place them into
context, and then a group of people with scientific knowledge, and no
knowledge of their origin, to assign a score for how well them measure up.
Plus some made up / contemporary statements should be thrown in for
comparison.

Taking the word of people who already believe a particular result that the
statements from their preferred sacred texts have been correctly
translated, interpreted and historically contextualised will not produce
any meaningful data.