From: Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Jun 28, 2015 5:24 am
Subject: Re: A riddle for John Clark

On 27 Jun 2015, at 03:30, spudboy100 via Everything List wrote:

But surely phenomena in quantum physics and Conways Life are random, but
computable?

Being computable, they are not random, although they can be chaotic and can
look random (and pass some statistical test for it), but are not random in the
strong sense of the word.

QM is computable, unless you introduce a non computable hamiltonian, but this
is not known in Nature (nor even easy to describe how that could been
detected). The non computability appering in observation is due to a special
kind of FPI (accepting Everett).

Bruno

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail